When we write, speak, read, sometimes magical things happen. The words seem to perfectly fall out into place as they resonate through our souls. I’ll admit it, I am a “quote addicted” person. I look for new inspiring quotes at least once a day (usually on Pinterest, while drinking my morning coffee) to bring me some inspiration and motivation through the day.
I love quotes because they can be very helpful to put words on feelings or thoughts we have difficulties explaining. They are a great way to uplift your mood and sometimes create values and drive for a lifetime.
As a quote addicted person and an art lover I thought I’d share with you today my top 10 all time favorite artist quotes.
Please let me know if they also resonate with you and share the quotes you love in the comment section.
Here are my top 10 artists quotes to live by :
- “I am my own muse, I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to know better.” – Frida Kahlo
- “Have no fear of perfection, you will never reach it” – Salvador Dali.
- “Art washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday life” – Pablo Picasso
- “I could do whatever I wanted whether people like it or not.” – Niki de St Phalle
- “I am always doing what I can’t do yet, in order to learn how to do it’ – Vincent Van Gogh
- “It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not’ – Jean Michel Basquiat
- “I live life in the margins of society, and the rules of normal society don’t apply to those who live on the fringe.” – Tamara de Lempicka
- “Color is the skin of the world” – Saunia Delauney
- “People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish… but that’s only if it’s done properly.” ― Banksy
- “The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you’re an artist.” — David Hockney
I wish you a great and inspiring day,
Alice, founder of SIGNED